Becoming a Volunteer
Girl Guides of Canada is an organization of volunteers. We have volunteer positions available at every level; from the Unit Guider working as a leader with a Spark, Brownie, Guide, Pathfinder or Ranger unit, positions at the District, Area and Provincial levels.
For more information please call the Provincial Office on 1-800-565-8111 or click here
Join us as a volunteer with BC Girl Guides
Besides becoming a member of one of the largest women’s organization in the world you will
We invite all interested women to join us anytime
- make a difference in the life of a girl,
- invest in the future of our communities,
- develop a sense of purpose, and
- build friendships and have fun.
- experience is not necessary,
- opportunity to work with girls and adults,
- receive the training you want, and
- be mentored
Volunteers can choose to work with girls, adults or both.
Volunteer with Girls
Join a group (Unit) leadership team to support the program activities.
Average time spent with a Unit is to
- meet for 1-2 hours per week, September to June
- participate in a bi-monthly activity
- organize periodic planning meetings
- prepare materials prior to a meeting
Outside the Unit, volunteers have opportunities to participate in activities based on personal interests and schedules
Volunteer with Adults
Women with skills interested in the following areas
We are open to all ages – come join us…
- training adult members,
- responding to communication/customer service,
- supporting treasurer and secretarial tasks,
- administering council and committee duties,
- advising roles, and/or
- planning special events.
Check out the Link
In order to become a member, individuals must complete a screening process to show your intent to assure parents of a safe environment for their daughter(s). Join Guiding today!